I can’t say this enough times – you will save time, burn more fat, build endurance and fitness and burn more fat with high intensity interval training (HIIT).
Constantly challenging your body (heart, lung, muscles!) by unleashing your inner Usain Bolt and sprinting, then giving yourself just enough time to catch your breath before going again is more effective than running at a constant steady space in double or triple the time.
Last month, I decided to go back to my ritual of kicking off my week with sprint intervals and I haven’t looked back. Now I’ve invited my followers on social media to be my 5.30am Monday sprint buddies and I think they’re loving it
PLEASE NOTE: It is important you get the all clear from your Doctor, especially if you have any health concerns or are new to exercise.
Depending on your level of fitness and/or injuries, modify this workout to suit YOU.
E.g. Power walking instead of sprints. If you have any specific questions, leave a comment below.
SPRINT INTERVAL WORKOUT
- Warm up (5-10 minutes) – light jog
- Stretch (prep your muscles and joints) – focus on hamstrings, calves, quads and
- 20s SPRINT (@ 8-9% RPE*)
- 40-60s LIGHT JOG OR WALK (4% RPE)
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for a total of 10 sets
- Cool down (5 minutes) – gentle walk
Try this once a week for the month and thank me later.
CONNECT WITH ME
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/Adura_O
- Instagram – @Adura_O
- Periscope – @Adura_O
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/AduraOO