NOTE: This recipe has been labelled ‘Nigerian’ because all ingredients are locally grown in Nigeria. Of course, you can find all the ingredients around the world but it’s important to highlight this because we import a lot of vegetables & food here which usually means = pricey.
I have a client who loves ‘Buddha Bowls’, which really is just a more appetising and prettier way of presenting a salad. The first time I made mine, I fell in love! If you know me, you’ll know I’m not a fan of salads (really, raw leaves just don’t do it for me) but I have grown to understand it’s not all about me :p.
With the above in mind, I bought some Nigerian grown lettuce at an affordable N200-300 compared to the pricier imported lettuce. After putting it in the fridge, I forgot about it for a couple of days. One morning, after my client sessions, I came back home very hungry and couldn’t bear the thought of spending forever (read: more than 10 minutes) preparing breakfast. Then… I remembered my neglected lettuce. This breakfast took less than ten minutes and is now a firm favourite. Note: I used some leftover tomato and pepper sauce, yet another reason to cook in bulk – LEFTOVERS!
Pre-made Totmato & Pepper Sauce
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Wash the lettuce in 1 part vinegar + 9 parts water. Do a final rinse with water.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan, at the same time warm the tomato & pepper sauce on low heat in a pot.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add to the frying pan. Reduce to medium heat, stirring often to scramble the eggs. Add salt to taste.
- Add the lettuce to the bowl, follow with the eggs and sauce.
- Time to eat!
TIP: Make this a post workout bowl by adding a portion of grilled plantain or sweet potatoes for a healthy dose of ‘good’ carbs.
P.S. Take a look at TRIMMER IN 28, our 28 day program. It has everything you need to kickstart your fat loss, eat healthy and tasty food like this and feel great!
PEPPER & TOMATO SAUCE
1/4 Onion (Sliced)
2 Tomatoes (Sliced)
1 Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- Preheat coconut oil in a pan and sauté onions.
- Add the peppers and tomatoes, cook on medium heat for 10 minutes
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Connect With Me