I had just gotten back from bikram yoga and was s-t-a-r-v-i-n-g. I wanted to eat dinner asap, I felt like eating stewed chicken but didn’t have the patience to chop and blend tomatoes, then cook them so I opted for tomato puree instead and this was very tasty 🙂
- Marinade chicken thighs in ginger and mixed herbs.
- Pan Fry (maximum of 2 tablespoons of oil) chicken and chopped 1/4 onion. Until chicken is cooked.
- Steam the broccoli for 8-10 minutes (I usually add some seasoning, I used some all purpose seasoning). Add to a plate when ready.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato puree to the chicken in the pan and cook for a few (not more than 5 minutes)
- Add the chicken to the plate and serve.
If you have more time than I did:
- Boil the chicken instead of pan frying (eliminates the oil)
- Chop, blend and cook tomatoes and onions. And pan-fry for up to 10 minutes to remove as much moisture as possible = paste. Add chicken thighs to the paste and cook for no more than 5 minutes.
- Use any vegetables of your choice, I used broccoli because that’s what I had in the fridge 🙂
Serving Suggestion: Eat with sweet potatoes, potatoes, brown rice, etc.