NOTE: Always warm up before and cool down after your workouts. If you’re new to exercise, check with your Dr before trying a new fitness routine.
Today’s workout is from one of my classes last week and great if you’re working out with a friend. It’s fun working out with a friend but it’s extra motivation because in this case, Partner 2 always has to keep going until Partner 1 is done.
But if you have no friends (ha ha I’m so funny, right?) or are working out on your own, you can do all three exercises back to back and jump (using a jump rope) for 1 minute i.e.
30 seconds of High Plank
1 minute Jumping
x 3 Sets
(Rest for 45-60 seconds between sets)
With your partner, the person doing the pushups and high plank is the pace setter. Partner 2 keeps jumping (jump rope) until partner 1 is done, then you immediately swap.
Rest for 1 minute between each set (a set is station A & B back to back). And repeat for a total of 3 sets.
- Make sure your wrists, elbows and shoulders are in one straight line. Hands should be slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Your body should be held in plank position while your bend your elbows and lower down. Your body goes down as one strong unit (plank!)
- Your hips shouldn’t sag towards the floor, your lower back shouldn’t dip.
- Keep your elbows close to your body and most of the movement should be from your wrists.
- Always land on the balls of your feet.
Want a video? Leave a comment below