I initially intended to post a rice, stew and ‘dodo’ recipe but I didn’t have any meat or chicken in the fridge! I had to eat this with venison sausages, so the stew was out of the question. I improvised and made Jollof ‘Rice’ instead.
– 1/2 cauliflower
– 230g chopped tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
– 1/4 onion
– 1 tablespoon of chilli flakes
– Seasoning – mixed herbs, mixed spices and salt
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the leaves and stalk.
- Grate with a grater with large holes (this helps give it a better rice like texture).
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the sliced onions. Allow to brown for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, bring heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes. (If you’re using blended fresh tomatoes & onions, cook for at least 10 minutes).
- Add seasoning and chilli. Stir. Cook for a further 5 minutes, until the water starts to dry out from the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the grated cauliflower and stir thoroughly with the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir fry on high heat for 5 minutes.
Try it and let me know what you think 🙂
PS If you’re in Lagos (Nigeria), I’ve been told cauliflower is sold in Spar and Shoprite. Do you buy cauliflower anywhere else? Please share 🙂