I absolutely love lazy Sundays. I’ve done nothing productive today except my laundry. I’ll deal with cleaning and cooking later 😉
I was in the mood for a snack before a quick nap… I will be twisting my hair (myself) this evening and it takes HOURS.
I planned to grill plantain but decided to try pan frying it just to see how it would turn out. I was going to eat the plantain on its own then remembered I had some tomatoes from last week which were past their sell by date. They still looked edible to me so I decided to eat some today before throwing the rest out. Plus veggies are good for you 😉
This is a much healthier alternative to ‘dodo’ (plantain shallow or deep fried in much more oil) and the best thing is it tastes the same . Try it and see! 🙂
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan
- Peel and slice the plantain (each slice should be ~ 1/2 an inch thick)
- Add the plantain to the pan and fry on medium heat.
- Turn after 4 minutes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- When the plantain’s cooked, serve it on a plate.
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan (heat another tablespoon of oil)
- Add some mixed herbs and toss tomatoes in pan every 30s.
- Serve with plantain