Okay seriously, I have a bit of a sore throat and I’m a little tired so I needed to make something easy, yummy and hot (I promise I’m talking about food here!).
Before I go into the recipe, I have to say I try to make preparations for my meals in advance. Even if I don’t know exactly what I’m making yet.
E.g. I bought 2 bunches of spinach and some tilapia on Monday. By Tuesday, I knew I wanted to cook the tilapia on Wednesday so… I washed, picked and chopped the spinach and stored it in the fridge. I cleaned/washed the fish and seasoned it. Again I stored it in the fridge. When I woke up feeling a little rough, I knew exactly what I was going to cook and as most of the preparation was already done, it didn’t take long to cook AT ALL.
2 x Whole Tilapia (sliced)
1 cup of Passata
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 x Spinach Bunches
Seasonings – Ginger, Parsley, Mixed Herbs and Salt
Tilapia with Efo
- Wash and chop the spinach.
- Clean/Wash the Tilapia and season (salt, ginger and parsley).
- Chop the onion
- Add the oil to a pot and allow it heat up. Add the onions.
- Once onions are nicely caramelised, add the passata and reduce heat to medium. Season with salt and herbs. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir contents of pot together.
- Add the fish almost immediately, I always add my fish flat (to make sure one entire side of each piece is flat on the surface of the pot or stew)
- Cover pot and leave to cook for 15 minutes (maximum).
- Serve and Enjoy 🙂