Two things inspired this quick blog post and video:
- The common question asked by people who have just 30 minutes to spare for an effective workout, “Can you share ideas for quick workouts?”.
One of my answers is: 20 minutes of interval training (e.g. sprints) followed by a quick core workout.
- How awesome I felt after a morning workout, bearing in mind that just 45 minutes earlier, I hit the snooze button twice and dragged my tired body out of bed in a bad mood. My change of mood was all thanks to endorphins (feel good hormones) released after my workout and we all need anything that makes us feel good. Well, try exercise!
Below is a quick upper body & core exercise to add to your workout three mornings next week. “What workout?” I hear you ask…
- 20 minutes of jogging or power walking
- Sprint Intervals: 8-10 sets of (30 seconds of sprints, 1 minute of light jogging/walking)
- Any workout of your choice
Finish off with this exercise and thank me later.
Please note there are two options, so you should watch the entire video.
10 REPS | 45 seconds of REST | 5 SETS
TIP: Keep your core engaged when you are in plank position (hips shouldn’t sag towards the floor or stick up in the air). Try it and let me know how much fun you have with it
If you add this to your next workout, comment below and let me know!
CONNECT WITH ME